Thursday, January 27, 2011

Checking in on some checklists


Here are some lenticular clouds, just because I wanted some colorful-ness up in here.


Two among my most recent posts were checklists - the first being things I wanted to accomplish this year, and the second being acts I hoped might be at Coachella this year. Here's an update on those.

- Finally getting to go to Vail with Casper for New Year's
- Coachella 2011
- Trying lots of new restaurants
- Getting back in shape (working on it! Taking zumba and kickboxing at school. Still not ready for p90X I don't think)
- Beating Super Mario Galaxy
- Staying sober (JUST KIDDING!)
- Passing qualifying exams
- Getting published (ALWAYS working on it)
- Becoming a better cook
- Finishing classes
- Possibly being able to afford a full-frame DSLR camera
- Mobilizing my street gang and forming a motorcycle unit
- Improving my h4x0r skillset (working on this too!)
- Fixing the audio insulation on the right front door of my car
- Learning to drift
- Learning another language

And here's my Coachella wishlist. I bolded the names that are actually going to be there this year! Sweet!

David Bowie
Daft Punk
Duran Duran
Roger Waters
Lady Gaga
Yeasayer
Kode.9
Skream
Sasha / Sasha & Digweed
Gabriel & Dresden
Moby
The Pixies
Grace Jones
Royksopp
Janelle Monae
Flying Lotus (missed him last year, really butthurt about it)
Burial
MSTRKRFT
Fatboy Slim
Pendulum
Goldfrapp
Bjork
Roisin Murphy
Caribou
Alanis Morisette
Santigold
Bat for Lashes
Snoop Dogg
The Roots
PNAU
RJD2
Cut Copy
UNKLE / James Lavelle
Massive Attack
Garbage
Rolling Stones

So actually I didn't do that well this year! HOWEVER. The following is a NEW LIST (omg.) of people who are on the lineup that I am pretty stoked to see:

Magnetic Man (Benga and Skream aren't playing individually, but they are playing as Magnetic Man. Sweet!!)
Ozomatli
Sander Kleinenberg
Robyn
Tame Impala
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS! (why the f weren't they on my list anyway??)
Scissor Sisters
Empire of the Sun
Animal Collective
Caspa (again, why wasn't he on my list?)
Death from Above 1979
Delorean
DJ Zinc
Kanye (yeah, I'm down to see Yeezy)
Leftfield

Thank you for being so good and reading all of those words. Here is a silly bird for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment