Saturday, March 17, 2012

Second verse, same as the first

I'm working out again. p90X again. Remember that, from 2010? Yeah. I actually kind of like the workouts now, though. It's still a bit of a struggle to get myself in the mindset to work out, but I'm actually surprised to admit that when the videos are on, I'm pushing myself and not totally hating what I'm doing. I think I've come to the conclusion that I prefer strength training to straight cardio, which is completely counter to the mantra that women always hear that if we want to lose fat, we need to do cardio. The more research I do, the more I find that this isn't really entirely true, so that's encouraging, if only that it helps me feel that I'm on an exercise path that isn't a waste of time.



1 comment:

  1. I hate hearing girls say they don't want to do strength training because it's not gonna contribute to their weight loss or it's gonna "bulk them up"... SO NOT TRUE. Strength training is very important for weight loss. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest (you increase your basal metabolic rate!)... so I'm all for strength training! Besides, I always think some exercise is better than no exercise... so if you'd rather do strength training than cardio, then go ahead and do yo' thang! :)

    Hope you are doing well! Good for you for at least doing something... I have been so bad about exercising for a while now. Oh well! haha

    I know you didn't talk about this, but about the whole "strength training is gonna make me buff" thought: I'm sorry, but do you know how hard it is for women to bulk up?! You would have to be taking 'roids or something to get all buff! So get your lift on, girl!

    ReplyDelete