That's right, the Coachella lineup was released about 20 minutes ago, so like the good little obsessive fangirl I am, I have THINGS TO SAY
For those of you wondering how my wishlist panned out (aw, thanks!), I made it easy for you:
|click to make legible|
- Bat for Lashes
- Grizzly Bear
- Janelle Monae
- the xx
- Paul Oakenfold
- Sigur Ros
- Garbage -- No! This was a serious missed opportunity, I think. They just reunited and released an album; this should have been a no-brainer.
- Friendly Fires
- Glitch Mob
- HAIM -- Another huge missed opportunity. An indie group out of Los Angeles that is starting to get huge buzz should have been an easy get for Coachella.
- Gabriel and Dresden
- Massive Attack
- School of Seven Bells -- This wouldn't have been an obvious choice, I don't think, but they had a new album out this year...
- Dash Berlin
- The Knife/Fever Ray -- I would have called this a long shot, except that Primavera Sound festival just announced their lineup and The Knife was on it! So I actually started to get my hopes up that this was actually a possibility for Coachella. Bummin' now.
- James Lavelle
- The Antlers -- I also think this should have happened, since they had a new album too.
- and, of course, though it will never happen... Daft Punk -- It didn't happen, so no shit